Monday 6 August 2012

My first nightmare...

Well, with just four days to go until my discovery flight, I've had my first nightmare...

Dreams full of screams; full of cramped cockpits, wheezing and coughing engines and instructors having heart attacks - all my fears were present, making me wonder what the hell I'm doing this for.

But I only feel like this at night; as the sun rises, my fears dissipate like morning mist, burnt away by the bright heat of hope that a new day brings. And I am reminded of The Dark Knight Rises:

"Now is not the time for fear. That comes later..."

4 days later to be exact, when I'm 8000 feet up in a washing machine with wings.

Can't wait ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Physics my dear boy, just believe in physics. It actually DOES make the world go around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!

    But physics also gives us 'wake turbulence' and 'wind shear'... ;-)

    ReplyDelete